Slow Cooker Stuffed Mushrooms
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 3:20 h
- Ready In : 3:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 2 packages (6 oz (180 g)) each portobello mushrooms,stems removed and caps reserved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.divided
- 1/2 pound (240 g) bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 large onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 g) rinsed and chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons garlic-and-herb-flavored bread crumbs
- 1½ cups fresh chicken broth,divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly gated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Grease 5-6 quart (5-6 L) slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Into a small bowl, pour 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Brush mushroom caps inside and outside. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining extra-virgin olive oil. Add sausage and cook, stirring until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked sausage to medium bowl.
Add chopped onion to skillet. Cook, stirring, until translucent. Stir in Swiss chard and dried thyme. Cook until chard is wilted (1-2 minutes).
Remove skillet from the heat. Add sausage, bread crumbs,1 tablespoon chicken broth, and remaining seasoning. Mix well.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of stuffing into each mushroom cap.
Pour remaining chicken broth into slow cooker. Place stuffed mushroom caps in the bottom. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
Remove cooked mushrooms from slow cooker with slotted spoon. Discard cooking liquid. Blend Parmesan cheese and parsley. Sprinkle onto mushrooms and serve.