Slow Cooker Stuffed Mushrooms2020-11-15
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3:20 h
- Ready In: 3:30 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Slow cooker stuffed mushrooms. Sausage and Swiss chard stuffed mushrooms cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious! You may also like Classic Slow Cooker Paleo Meatballs
Slow Cooker Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 packages (6 oz (180 g)) each portobello mushrooms, stems removed and caps reserved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt. divided
- 1/2 pound (240 g) bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 g) rinsed and chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons garlic-and-herb-flavored bread crumbs
- 1½ cups fresh chicken broth,divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly gated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Grease 5-6 quart (5-6 L) slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Into a small bowl, pour 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Brush mushroom caps inside and outside. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining extra-virgin olive oil. Add sausage and cook, stirring until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked sausage to a medium bowl.
Add chopped onion to skillet. Cook, stirring, until translucent. Stir in Swiss chard and dried thyme. Cook until chard is wilted (1-2 minutes).
Remove skillet from the heat. Add sausage, bread crumbs,1 tablespoon chicken broth, and remaining seasoning. Mix well.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of stuffing into each mushroom cap.
Pour remaining chicken broth into the slow cooker. Place stuffed mushroom caps in the bottom. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
Remove cooked mushrooms from slow cooker with slotted spoon. Discard cooking liquid. Blend Parmesan cheese and parsley. Sprinkle onto mushrooms and serve.