Slow Cooker Taco Soup2022-09-06
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.6 g
Trans Fat0.3 g
Unsaturated Fat0.6 g
Slow cooker taco soup. Delicious Mexican soup with beef, beans, and vegetables cooked in a slow cooker.
What is Slow Cooker Taco Soup?
Taco Soup is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. This Mexican-inspired dish is packed with flavor and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. The best part? It cooks slowly in your crockpot, allowing you to set it and forget it while you go about your day.
Whether you’re feeding a crowd or just looking for a comforting dinner option, Slow Cooker Taco Soup is sure to please. In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to make the perfect batch of this tasty soup.
What You Need to Make Taco Soup
To make this soup, you will need a variety of ingredients that come together to create a flavorful and satisfying meal. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 pound ground beef or turkey
– black-eyed peas
– black beans
– garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
– chili beans in chili gravy
– Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
– whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers
– taco seasoning mix
These ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store and can be adjusted to your liking. If you prefer spicier soup, add more diced tomatoes and green chilies or jalapenos. If you’re a vegetarian, you can swap out the ground meat for tofu or extra beans. The possibilities are endless!
YOU MAY LIKE AS WELL:
Directions: How to Cook Slow Cooker Taco Soup
To cook the soup, follow these simple steps:
1. Begin by browning the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain any excess fat and transfer the beef to your slow cooker.
2. Add all of the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, including the diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, and taco seasoning. Stir everything together until well combined.
3. Cover the slow cooker with its lid and set it to cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The longer you cook the soup, the more flavorful it will become.
4. Once the cooking time has elapsed, remove the lid and give the soup a good stir. Use a ladle to scoop the soup into bowls and top each serving with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro if desired.
5. Serve the soup hot with tortilla chips or warm cornbread on the side. Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Slow Cooker Taco Soup!
Serving Suggestions: Tips for Enjoying Your Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Once your Taco Soup is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy! Here are some tips for making the most out of your meal:
1. Add Toppings: Top your soup with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, or fresh cilantro. These toppings will add extra flavor and texture to your soup.
2. Serve with Tortilla Chips: Pair your soup with tortilla chips for a crunchy contrast to the creamy soup. You can also crush the chips and sprinkle them on top of the soup for added crunch.
3. Make it a Meal: Slow Cooker Taco Soup is a complete meal on its own, but you can also serve it with a side salad or warm bread for a more filling dinner.
4. Freeze Leftovers: If you have leftovers, freeze them in individual portions for an easy lunch or dinner option later on. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove for a quick and delicious meal.
By following these tips, you can take your Slow Cooker Taco Soup to the next level and enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 15 oz (450 g) can black-eyed peas, undrained
- 15 oz (450 g) can black beans, undrained
- 15 oz (450 g) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), undrained
- 15 oz (450 g) can chili beans in chili gravy, undrained
- 14 ½ oz (135 g) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 11 oz (330 g) can whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers, undrained
- 1 ¼ oz (37 g) envelope taco seasoning mix
- sour cream
In a large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
In a slow cooker, combine cooked meat and the remaining ingredients, except sour cream. Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Ladle into soup bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream.