Slow Cooker Vegan Peanut Stew Recipe2021-06-27
- Cuisine: African
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.7 g
Slow cooker vegan peanut stew recipe. Healthy, easy, and yummy stew with chickpeas, vegetables and spiced cooked in a slow cooker. This yummy recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/african-peanut-stew/
You may also like Classic Slow Cooker Paleo Meatballs
Slow Cooker Vegan Peanut Stew Recipe
- 15 oz (450 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 oz (450 ml) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) ginger, rated
- chopped fresh spinach
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except spinach. Stir well.
Close the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hpurs.
Open the lid. Stir in chopped fresh spinach. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
Using a masher, mash cooked sweet potatoes until the stew is thickened. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.