Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 11:00 h
- Ready In: 11:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker vegetable soup. An excellent vegetarian soup cooked in a slow cooker.
- 2 parsnips,peeled,halved,cut into 1-inch(2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 medium turnip,peeled,cut into 3/4-inch(2 cm) pieces
- 1 potato,peeled,cut into 3/4-inch(2 cm) pieces
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 14½-oz (350 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme,crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary,crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage,crushed
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- 2 15-oz(450 ml) cans navy beans,rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
Combine together parsnips,onion,turnip and potato. Put in slow cooker.
Stir in fresh water,undrained tomatoes,wine,thyme,sage,rosemary and garlic. Stir in beans.
Cover and cook on low heat for 10-11 hours. Sprinkle slow cooker vegetable soup with parsley.