Slow Cooker Wild Mushroom Soup
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker wild mushroom soup. Creamy soup with wild mushrooms and Madeira cooked in a slow cooker.
- 1/4 cup (15 G) dried wild mushrooms (porchini),rinsed
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons usalted butter
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and cushed
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh mushrooms,trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons Madeira
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place rinsed wild mushrooms to slow cooker. Pour over 1/2 of hot chicken stock. Cover and set aside.
In a large pan,melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,for 5-7 minutes or until softened and just golden.
Add crushed garlic and fresh mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes,stirring occasionally. Sprinkle over all-purpose flour and freshly grated nutmeg. Add dried thyme.Cook for a further 3 minutes,stirring,until well blended.
Stir in Madeira and remaining chicken stock.Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil,then transfer mixture to slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 1 hour,then reduce heat to low and cook for a further 3-4 hours or until mushrooms are very tender.
Ladle soup into bowls. Stir in creme fraiche. Serve immediately.