Slow Cooker Wine-Braised Beef Brisket2015-09-13
- Servings : 10-12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 12:00 h
- Ready In : 12:10 h
- 4 pounds (about 2 kg) fresh beef brisket,fat trimmed
- 2 cups (500 g) thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry red wine
- 1/3 cup (80 g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca,crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 6 cups (1.5 kg) potatoes
In a slow cooker, combine carrots and onion. Place beef brisket over vegetables.
In a mixing bowl,combine dry red wine,tomato paste,tapioca,Worcestershire sauce,garlic salt,liquid smoke and chili powder. Mix well and pour mixture over meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours.
Remove beef slow cooker,using a slotted spoon. Transfer to cutting board and slice across the grain. Arrange sliced beef on serving platter.
Remove cooked vegetables,using a slotted spoon. Transfer to serving platter,reserving cooking liquid.
Serve beef with vegetables and cooked potatoes.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe