Slow Cooker Wine-Braised Beef Brisket2021-09-13
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 10
- Servings: 10-12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 12:00 h
- Ready In: 12:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat18 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat1.5 g
Slow cooker wine-braised beef brisket. Beef brisket with vegetables and wine cooked in a slow cooker. Easy and delicious. You may also like Bacon-Onion Beef Brisket, another yummy beef recipe cooked in a crock pot.
Why are Slow Cookers the Best Invention Ever?
Slow cookers are a godsend for those who want to make delicious, healthy, and affordable meals. They are also perfect for people with hectic schedules. It is not surprising that they are the best invention ever!
Introduction to Wine-Braised Beef Brisket Recipe
Cooking a beef brisket in a slow cooker is the perfect way to make an easy, flavorful, and economical dish.
The ingredients are simple: beef brisket, red wine, and vegetables. Cooking this dish in a slow cooker makes it easier to prepare and easier to clean up afterward.
Tips on How to Prepare a Fantastic Slow Cooker Wine Braised Beef Brisket Meal
Many people enjoy slow cookers because they are easy to use, and they also provide a healthier alternative to other cooking methods. Slow cookers typically require less oil, and they also do not have high temperatures that can cause food to dry out or overcook. However, one of the main reasons slow cookers are so popular is because they make preparing meals easier than ever before.
The following tips will help you prepare a fantastic beef brisket meal in your slow cooker:
1) Prepare the beef brisket by trimming any excess fat from the meat and then seasoning it with salt and pepper.
2) Place onions and carrots in a slow cooker. Top with trimmed beef brisket.
3) In a mixing bowl, combine garlic salt, dry red wine, tapioca, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, chili powder, and tomato paste. Mix well, then pour the mixture over beef and vegetables.
3) Cover the pot and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 6 hours.
4) Slice or shred the meat and pour it into a bowl before serving.
Slow Cooker Wine-Braised Beef Brisket
- 4 pounds (about 2 kg) fresh beef brisket, fat trimmed
- 2 cups (500 g) thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 pound (240) pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry red wine
- 1/3 cup (80 g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
In a slow cooker, combine carrots and onions. Place beef brisket over vegetables.
In a mixing bowl, combine dry red wine, tomato paste, tapioca, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, liquid smoke, and chili powder. Mix well and pour the mixture over the meat.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 10-12 hours.
Remove the beef from the cooker, using a slotted spoon. Transfer it to a cutting board and slice across the grain. Arrange sliced beef on a serving platter.
Remove cooked vegetables, using a slotted spoon. Transfer the to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid.