Smoked Bayou Chicken Wings
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Smoked Bayou chicken wings.Smoked spicy chicken wings.,Yummy.
- 2 pounds (960 g) chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons Cajun spice rub(recipe follows)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Louisiana hot sauce
- 1½ tablespoons hickory saw dust
- For Cajun Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Cut the tips off the wings and discard them. Cut each wing into 2 pieces.
Place the wings on a large nonstick bowl and sprinkle the rub over them. Toss well to coat all sides. Set up the smoker.
Place the sawdust in the center of the bottom of the smoker. Line the drip pan with aluminum foil and place in the smoker. Lightly grease the smoker rack with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the wings on the greased rack at least 1/2-inch(1.2 cm) apart. Cover smoker and place it over high-heat setting for 3 minutes.
Then reduce heat to medium and smoke wings until crisp,browned and cooked through(about 20 minutes). In small saucepan,over medium-high heat,melt butter. Add the hot sauce,mix and bring to a boil. Transfer smoked bayou wings to serving platter. Pour the hot sauce mixture over smoked wings and stir until coated.
Cajun Rub Spices: In a mixing bowl,combine all Cajun rub ingredients. Mix well and store the rub in airtight jar away from heat and light.