Spaghetti with Aubergines
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Spaghetti with aubergines. Cooked spaghetti with aubergines.Very delicious vegetarian recipe.
- 1 large aubergine,thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1 pound (480 g) ripe tomatoes,blanched,peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 12 oz (360 g) spaghetti
- 2 oz (60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- sprig of basil,for garnish
Put sliced aubergine into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave to drain for at least 1 hour.
Preheat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Add crushed garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add tomatoes,basil,salt and black pepper. Stir well and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender. Rinse aubergine slices under running cold water and gently squeeze dry.
Preheat 1/2 inch(12.5 mm) olive oil in frying pan. Add aubergine slices and fry,a few at a time,until crisp on both sides.
Drain on paper towel and keep hot. Drain cooked spaghetti thoroughly.
Put into warmed serving platter and pour tomato sauce over. Add fried aubergine slices,sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with sprig of basil. Serve spaghetti with aubergines hot.