Spicy Shrimp Stew
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
Spicy shrimp stew. This is one of my favorite stew recipes.Very easy to cook.Ready in 30 minutes!
- 3½ cups (875 ml)fat-free,reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 g) chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 lb (480 g) fresh large shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 2 oz (60 g) thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
In a large saucepan,combine chicken broth,mushrooms,bell pepper,sugar,fish sauce,ginger and curry paste. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Cover with a lid,than reduce a heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add coconut milk and cook,stirring for a further 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are done (about 3 minutes).
Remove saucepan from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
Serve spicy shrimp stew hot.