Stuffed Greek Meatballs
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 20 grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (160 g) cubed feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- For Lemon-Garlic Sauce:3/4 cup (180 g) plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
In a large mixing bowl,combine all meatball ingredients,except vegetable oil. Mix well. Form approximately 2 tablespoon-sized balls, patting together. Place a cube of feta cheese inside and seal all around it.
Preheat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry stuffed turkey meatballs for 2-3 minutes per side, turning frequently.
Remove fried turkey meatballs from the heat. Pat dry with paper towel. Serve with homemade lemon-garlic sauce.
For Lemon-Garlic Sauce: In a mixing bowl,combine all sauce ingredients. Mix well until smooth. Serve with fried stuffed turkey meatballs.