- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Tequila cocktail. Tequila based alcoholic mixed drink.
- 4 fresh strawberries,3 hulled and one with hill for garnish
- 2 oz (60 ml) Silver Tequila
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) spiced agave syrup(recipe follows)
- 2 medium basil leaves(divided in half)
- For Spiced Agave Syrup:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander,coarsely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds,coarsely crushed
- 3 cardamom pods,crushed
For Spiced Agave Syrup: In a saucepan,combine all ingredients for Spiced Agave Syrup. Stir well and bring to a boil ((the mixture should climb up the sides of the pan slightly).
Remove from the heat,stir again,set aside and let cool completely.
For Tequila Cocktail: Muddle 3 hulled strawberries in cocktail glass.
In a shaker,combine ice cubes,tequila,agave syrup and half of basil. Cover and shake well.
Strain mixture into cocktail glass with muddled strawberries. Add the remaining basil.
Garnish tequila cocktail with fresh strawberry.