Beer Braised Beef Stew2012-04-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Beer braised beef stew.Cubed beef with beer,Dijon mustard and vegetables.Very delicious!
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups (370 ml) light beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 5 oz (150 g) pared all-purpose potato,thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound (240 g) cubed cooked beef
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
In 3-quart saucepan heat oil. Add onions and carrots and cook over high heat,stirring frequently,until onion are translucent,roughly 2-3 min.
Sprinkle all-purpose flour over onion and stir quickly to combine;cook,stirring constantly,for 1-2 min. Add beer,half cup water,mustard,vinegar,and thyme;stir to combine and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to low,add potato and let simmer until potato is tender,about 15-20 min Add beef,browning sauce,and pepper and stir to combine. Cook until beef is heated through,2-3 min.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe