Pressure Cooker Mussels in Spicy Tomato Sauce2017-02-12
- Servings : 2-4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 14 oz (420 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds (960 g) mussels,scrubbed and debearded
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook,stirring,until softened (for about 3 minutes). Stir in minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook,stirring,for a further 20 seconds.
Pour in tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir in oregano. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Pour in mussels. Toss well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 1 minute.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Stir well before serving in bowls. Discard any unopened mussels.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe