Slow Cooker Apple Bread2016-01-06
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 2 loaf
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 2:00 h
- Ready In : 2:20 h
- 1 cup (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter,melted
- 2 large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts,toasted
Grease well 2 1-pint (480 ml) straight-sided,wide mouth canning jars. Flour greased jars and set aside.
In a mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,baking powder,apple pie spice and salt. Mix well. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl,combine brown sugar,melted butter,beaten eggs and apple sauce. Mix well.
Add applesauce mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
Divide mixture between the prepared jars. Cover jars tightly with greased aluminum foil,greased side in. Place jars in slow cooker. Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water into cooker around the jars.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for about 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center of bread comes out clean.
Remove jars from slow cooker. Set aside and allow to cool 10 minutes. Carefully remove baked bread from jars. Serve warm.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe