Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls2013-11-16
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10:00 h
- Ready In : 10:10 h
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 pound (480 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 oz (180 ml) can Italiano tomato paste with roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
In a saucepan,boil 4 cups of water. Add cabbage leaves,turn heat off and soak leaves for 5 minutes. Remove soaked cabbage leaves from water,drain and allow to cool completely.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine ground beef,cooked rice,black pepper,thyme,nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well.
Place 2 tablespoons of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf and roll firmly. Place cabbage rolls in slow cooker,stacking as necessary. In a small mixing bowl,combine tomato paste and 3/4 cup water. Mix well and pour sauce over cabbage rolls.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours. Serve slow cooker cabbage rolls hot.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe