Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 3:30 h
- Ready In : 3:40 h
Slow cooker sausage stuffed bell peppers. Bell Peppers with sausages,spices and rice cooked in slow cooker.Adapted from http://realhousemoms.com
- 14 ½ oz (435 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ½ cups (750 g) cooked and cooled rice
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup 960 g) diced white onion
- diced tops of bell peppers
- 14 oz (420 g) package kielbasa sausage,diced
- 1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cut tops of bell peppers,dice them up and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine diced tomatoes,garlic powder,onion powder,cayenne pepper,salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Pour 1 cup (250 g) of tomato mixture into bottom of slow cooker.
Add cooked rice,garlic,diced onion,diced bell pepper and diced kielbasa to the remaining tomato mixture. Stir well. Stuff the bell peppers with tomato mixture.
Arrange the stuffed bell peppers on top of the tomato mixture in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 3 ½ hours. Top with shredded cheddar cheese,replace lid and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cheese melted.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe