Slow Cooker Shrimp with Pineapple2015-11-07
- Cuisine: Thai
- Course: Main Dish, Slow Cooker Recipes
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:30 h
- Ready In : 5:40 h
- 3 cans (8 oz (240 ml)) each pineapple chunks,drained and 1 cup (250 ml) juice reserved
- 2 packages (6 oz (180 g)) each frozen snow peas,thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 g) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (80 g) plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 pound (480 g) raw shrimp,peeled,deveined and cleaned
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
Place drained pineapples and thawed snow peas in slow cooker.
In a medium saucepan,combine cornstarch and sugar.Stir well. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour into saucepan. Mix in 1 cup (250 ml) reserved pineapple juice,soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 1 minute.
Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Add shrimp and vinegar. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for a further 30 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe