Slow Cooker Orange Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup raisins
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon butter
15G of Fat
- In a medium mixing bowl,combine granulated sugar,baking powder,cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well and add milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Stir until batter is combined.
- Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of greased 3½-4 quart(3½-4l) slow cooker.
- In a medium saucepan,combine brown sugar,water,orange peel,orange juice and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes then pour mixture carefully over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2½ hours.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- To serve,spoon the warm cake and caramel sauce into dessert dishes.
- Serve slow cooker orange pudding cake with caramel sauce and light cream.