- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Balti chicken.This is one of my favorite chicken recipes.Diced chicken breasts with Indian spices.Delicious!!!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions,peeled and sliced
- 3 tomatoes,sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kalonji seeds
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt,to taste
- 1 pound 9 oz(700 g) chicken breasts,skinless,boneless,diced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro,plus extra to garnish
- 2fresh green chilies,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Preheat vegetable oi in large,heavy-bottom skillet.
Add sliced onions and cook over low-heat,stirring occasionally until golden.
Add sliced tomatoes,kalonji seeds,peppercorns,cardamoms,cinnamon stick,chili powder,garam marsala,garlic past,ginger paste and season with salt ,to taste.
Cook,stirring,for 5 minutes.
Add diced chicken and cook,stirring,until well coated in the spice paste. Stir in plain yogurt. Cover and simmer,stirring occasionally,for 10 minutes.
Stir in chopped cilantro,chilies and lime juice. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.