Chicken Gnocchi Soup2015-02-06
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Chicken gnocchi soup. Very delicious chicken and vegetable soup.
- 1 cup (250 g) skinless and boneless chicken breasts,cooked and diced
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart (1 L) half-and-half
- 14 oz (420 ml) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 g) sliced celery
- 1/4 cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and minced
- 1 cup (250 g) carrots,peeled and shredded
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 g) fresh spinach,coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 16 oz (480 g) package gnocchi
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large stockpot,heat butter and olive oil. Add minced garlic,diced onion celery and saute until onion is translucent. Add all-purpose flour and form a roux. Cook,stirring, for 1 minute. Add half-and-half and continue to cook,stirring.
Meanwhile,in another pan,cook the gnocchi,following cooking instruction. Add shredded carrots and diced chicken breasts to the stockpot. cook,stirring,,and when it gets thicker, add the chicken broth,cooked gnocchi and chopped spinach. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Cover stockpot and heat through. Serve chicken gnocchi soup with toasted bread.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe