Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce2020-04-30
- Cuisine: Greek
- Course: Main Dish, Oven
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce. Marinated chicken breast cubes cooked under grill and served with delicious homemade tzatziki sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove piece
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts,cubed
- For Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup (250 ml) unflavored yogurt
- 1/2 English cucumber,grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
In a large mixing bowl,combine all ingredients. Mix well,cover and refrigerate for 1-8 hours.
Tread marinated chicken onto skewers. Arrange on a lightly greased broiler rack.
Place 4-inches(10 cm) from the heat. Broil under preheated boiler for 4 minutes.
Turn and broil for 4-6 minutes longer. Serve with tzatziki sauce (recipe follows).
Tzatziki Sauce: Line a strainer with cheesecloth. Spoon yogurt into strainer. Drain and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In a strainer,combine cucumber and salt. Drain for 30 minutes.Pat cucumber dry.
In the same strainer,combine drained yogurt,cucumber,garlic,dill,mint and lemon juice. Mix well and add seasoning.