Classic Cantonese Fish Soup Recipe2021-01-26
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Course: Soup
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Classic Cantonese fish soup recipe. Very easy and tasty Chinese fish and vegetable soup. Ready in less then1 hour! More seafood recipes
Classic Cantonese Fish Soup Recipe
- 12 oz (360 g) white fish fillets, cut across into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, trimmed and chopped
- 7 cups (1.75 L) chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine fish fillets, soy sauce, sherry, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Mix well and leave to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Heat remaining vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, chopped shallots, and celery. Cover saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add marinated fish fillets and marinating juices and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Taste Cantonese fish soup and adjust seasoning. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with remaining shallots. Cantonese fish soup is ready. Bone Appetite!