Classic Cantonese Fish Soup Recipe2021-01-26
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Classic Cantonese Fish Soup Recipe
- 12 oz (360 g) white fish fillets, cut across into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, trimmed and chopped
- 7 cups (1.75 L) chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine fish fillets, soy sauce, sherry, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Mix well and leave to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
Heat remaining vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, chopped shallots, and celery. Cover saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add marinated fish fillets and marinating juices and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Taste Cantonese fish soup and adjust seasoning. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with remaining shallots. Cantonese fish soup is ready. Bone Appetite!