Classic Chicken Saute Chasseur Recipe
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Ready In: 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Classic chicken sauté chasseur recipe. Skillet-fried chicken parts with mushrooms and dry red wine. Very easy and delicious! This chicken recipe belongs to French cuisine. Use a large nonstick skillet for this recipe.
Are you looking for more delicious chicken recipes, stews, casseroles? We have a huge collection of them, just check it out here.
Classic Chicken Sauté Chasseur Recipe
- 1 whole fried chicken, cut into pieces
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- fresh thyme to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 pound (120 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, and thyme. Mix well. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
Add chopped shallots and mushrooms and cook briefly. Stir in dry white wine, tomatoes, and herbs. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat until chicken pieces are tender (for about 30-45 minutes).