Fried Salmon Cakes
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Fried salmon cakes.Very easy and delicious fish cakes.
- 1 pound (480 g) boiled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 oz (30 g) butter
- 7½ oz (225 g) can salmon,drained,sinned and boned
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly grpound black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 5 oz (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 lemon,sliced
In a mixing bowl,combine boiled potatoes,milk,butter and salmon. Mash well,then add lemon juice and seasoning.
Mix well and bind with one of the eggs. Lightly beat remaining egg. Spread plain flour and breadcrumbs on separate plates.
Divide salmon mixture into eight and shape into flat parries. Dip first in flour,then egg and coat lightly with breadcrumbs.
Preheat oil in frying pan. Add parries and fry for 5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
Remove fried salmon cakes from pan with slotted spoon and place on serving plate. Serve hot,garnished with sliced lemon.