Grilled Lemongrass Pork2021-01-31
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.5 g
Grilled lemongrass pork. This recipe belongs to Vietnamese cuisine. Charcoal-grilled marinated pork shoulder. Delicious! You may also like Pork Liver Pate
Grilled Lemongrass Pork
- 1²⁄³ pounds (800 g) pork shoulder,sliced into 1/2-inch(1.25 cm) thick pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 g) fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (125g) clear honey
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a food processor, combine all ingredients.except pork and honey. Process until smooth. Set aside.
Place pork in a deep bowl. Pour lemongrass mixture over, coating pork pieces evenly. Cover a bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Remove marinated pork from refrigerator and allow staying 2 hours before cooking. Cook over charcoal grill for 3-4 minutes each side. Dip each pork piece in honey and grill for a further 2 minutes on each side.
Serve grilled lemongrass pork hot.