Instant Pot Chicken Farfalle Recipe2022-04-15
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7.0 g
Trans Fat9.5 g
Unsaturated Fat1.5 g
Instant pot chicken farfalle recipe. So easy and flavorful, these chicken farfalle pasta bowls are a quick and healthy weeknight dinner option.
The History of Farfalle and How to Make Them
Farfalle, also known as bow-tie pasta, is a type of pasta that is made from two thin strands of dough folded over and twisted together. It can be served in a variety of sauces and is often used in Italian dishes.
Farfalle pasta is easy to make with an instant pot or stovetop. The recipe below shows you how to make chicken farfalle using an instant pot. If you don’t have an instant pot, the recipe can easily be made on the stovetop or in a regular pot.
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Use an Instant Pot Today
Instant pots are a must-have kitchen appliance for today’s busy lifestyle. With the help of this tool, you can make healthy and delicious meals that are ready in minutes.
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Use an Instant Pot Today:
1. It is a healthier cooking option: The Instant Pot’s pressure-cooking technology reduces the time it takes to cook food by up to 70 percent and results in fewer calories, fat, and sodium compared to conventional cooking methods.
2. It is easy to use: There is no need for difficult recipes or complicated instructions when you have an instant pot on hand.
3. It’s easier than ever to cook at home with this tool: It automatically sets the time and temperature of your meal so there’s no guesswork involved when cooking your food
4. You save money with this appliance: An Instant Pot is typically less expensive than its conventional counterparts–which often require a countertop purchase and an expensive dishwasher that you then need to maintain.
5. It is versatile: An Instant Pot cooks a variety of foods, from soups to grains, steaks to stews, and desserts such as cheesecake.
Instant Pot Chicken Farfalle Recipe
You may like as well:
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound (240 g) dried farfalle pasta
- 1/2 pound (240 g) white bottom mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons stemmed fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- /3 jar (10 oz) of sundried tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black eppper
In a 6-quart (6 L) electric instant pot, combine chicken, pasta, and 6 cups (1.5 L) water. Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. Using a large colander, drain the contents. Shake well to remove excess water.
Heat the olive oil in an electric instant pot turned to the browning mode. Add mushrooms and cooked chicken. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally, until chicken browned. Stir in rosemary and thyme and cook until aromatic, for a further 1 minute.
Pour in dry white wine as well as cooked pasta and sundried tomatoes. Toss over the heat until the wine has been absorbed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve hot.