Oven Baked Caribbean Chicken
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 55m
- Ready In: 1:05 h
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
5 People rated this recipe
Oven baked Caribbean chicken. Spicy chicken thighs baked in a halogen (turbo) oven. Very tasty!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs,skin on
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves,peeled and crushed
- 3/4-inch (2cm) fresh root ginger,peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot chicken stock
- 1½ pounds (750g) sweet potatoes,peeled and cut into cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the chicken thighs and cook until browned. Remove the chicken,using a slotted spoon and set aside.
Drain all but 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil from the skillet. Add onion to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until soft,stirring occasionally.
Add crushed garlic,ginger,cinnamon and cayenne pepper and fry for 1 minute. Sprinkle over all-purpose flour,stir to combine and cook for a few minutes.
Transfer spiced mixture to a casserole dish. Add chicken stock and stir to combine. Add potato cubes and fried chicken thighs.
Place the casserole dish on the lower grill rack of turbo oven. Cover and cook at 350°F(180°C) for 40-45 minutes. Remove oven baked Caribbean chicken from turbo oven. Set aside and let cool for 2-3 minutes