Oven Baked Chicken Taco Ring
- Yield: 16
- Servings: 16
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Oven baked chicken taco ring. Delightful bread with little spicy chicken filling served with homemade creamy sauce. You can use this delicious meal like a main dish or appetizer. More chicken recipes>>>>
- 2 tubes (8 oz (240 g) each refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup (180 g) finely crushed tortilla chips,divided
- 2 cups (500 g) finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup (180 g) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 oz (120 ml) can chopped green chilies,undrained
- 1/4 cup (60 g) chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 plum tomato,seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Creamy Sauce: 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes,sliced
- 1 medium lime,halved and sliced
Grease pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll crescent dough.Sprinkle with 1/4 cup (60 g) tortilla chips and press down gently. Separate into 16 triangles.
Place wide end of one triangle,chip side down,3-inches (7.5 cm) from edge of prepared pan,with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles,overlapping the wide ends. Lightly press wide ends together.
In a small mixing bowl,combine chopped chicken,cheese,mayonnaise,chilies,olives,tomato,taco seasoning,lime juice and remaining tortilla chips. Mix well and spoon over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends.
Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove baked chicken taco ring from the oven. Set aside allow to cool . garnish with sour cream,salsa,tomatoes and lime and serve.