Oven Baked Cod with Gremolata Breadcrumbs2020-07-26
- Cuisine: English
- Course: Main Dish, Oven
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat2.0 g
Oven baked cod with gremolata breadcrumbs. Fresh cod fillets with breadcrumbs and herbs baked in an oven. Fast and easy! You may also like Oven Baked Fish Cakes
Oven Baked Cod with Gremolata Breadcrunbs
- 2 pounds (960 g) fresh cod fillets, skinless and boneless
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup(125g) dry breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- lemon slices, for serving
Preheat oven to 400ºF (199ºC).
Lightly rub cod fillets with a salt on both sides. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, dry white wine, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk together well. Add crushed garlic and stir well.
Dip fish fillets into wine mixture. Turn them around and swish them in the dressing so both sides are moistened.
In a small mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining olive oil. Toss well.
Top cod fillets with breadcrumbs mixture.
Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, until breadcrumbs are crisp and golden and fish is cooked through (about15-20 minutes).
Serve baked cod fillets with fresh lemon slices.