Oven Baked Hot and Sticky Chicken Drumsticks2022-03-17
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.6 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat2.2 g
Oven baked hot and sticky chicken drumsticks. Chicken drumsticks with honey and spices cooked in a halogen (turbo) oven. Just try this easy and delicious chicken recipe.
More Turbo Oven Recipes
Can I Cook Chicken Drumsticks in an Oven?
Absolutely! Baked chicken legs are quick and easy to make. All you need to do is spend 5 minutes prepping them and then pop them in the oven for 30 minutes. Perfect for busy cooks, from beginners to experts. While the chicken cooks, you can whip up a salad or side dish.
Baking chicken legs is super easy—and the results are always juicy and tender. To make sure it turns out great, use bone-in and skin-on chicken pieces. That way, you’ll get tons of flavor without much effort! It’s a great recipe for beginner cooks.
For this recipe, you need chicken legs (also known as drumsticks – not the same as wings or a whole leg and thigh piece!), a bit of olive oil, paprika (for a mild flavor use sweet paprika, for a bolder flavor use smoked paprika), garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Check the full recipe for details on how much to use for each ingredient.
How to Bake Chicken Drumsticks in an Oven
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. This can help it cook faster and reach the right temperature more easily.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Use a dry paper towel to pat the surface of the chicken drumsticks. Doing this will help the skin get crunchier when you bake it.
- Add oil and some spices to a bowl. Use a whisk to mix everything together. Make sure all of the chicken legs are fully coated in the seasoning. You’ll love the flavor it adds to the chicken!
Put the drumsticks in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 8 hours. Before baking, take them out of the fridge and let them rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. This will help them bake better.
Oven Baked Hot and Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- 4-6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 chili,seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Score chicken drumsticks with a sharp knife.
In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Place chicken drumsticks in the marinade and set aside for at least 2 hours.
Place a baking tray on the grill rack.
Grill marinated chicken drumsticks on each side until well cooked (for 10 minutes per side) Check the chicken is cooked through before serving.