Oven Baked Shrimp in Piri-Piri Butter
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
Oven baked shrimp in piri-piri butter.Piri-piri sauce is hot sauce made from an African chili pepper. You can substitute it with another hot pepper sauce, being aware that it might not have the same complexity. If substituting, add in increments and adjust the quantity in case the heat level is higher.
- 1 pound (480 g) jumbo shrimp,tails left on,peeled,deveined and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling water
- cubed ice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pureed garlic
- 3 tablespoons piri-piri sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a bowl,dissolve kosher salt in 2 cups of boiling water. Add cubed ice until room temperature is achieved. Add shrimp and set aside for 15 minutes.
Drain and rinse thoroughly marinated shrimp under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
In a mixing bowl,combine melted butter,pureed garlic(use a fine,sharp-toothed grater to puree garlic),and piri-piri sauce. Mix well,add marinated shrimp and toss until well coated.
Transfer to a baking dish,pouring remaining butter mixture evenly over shrimp.
Preheat oven to 400°F(190°C). Bake in preheated oven until shrimp are pink and curled(about 10 minutes).
Drizzle oven baked shrimp with freshly squeezed lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve hot.