Pan-Fried Chicken Mornay Recipe
- Yield : 2 serving plates
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat8.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Pan-fried chicken Mornay recipe. Very easy and delicious chicken recipe.
- 7 oz (210 g) chicken cutlets
- 1 cup (250 ml) White Sauce (recipe follows
- 1/2 oz (15 g ) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 oz (15 g) reduced-fat Swiss cheese shredded
- 1 oz (30 g) sliced mushrooms
- For White Sauce:1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon+1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat milk
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- dash of ground nutmeg
- dash of paprika
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken cutlets and cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink (for about 1 minute per side). Transfer cooked chicken cutlets to a serving platter. Set aside and keep warm.
In a nonstick saucepan cook White sauce and mushrooms over low heat, stirring frequently, until heated and mushrooms are tender (for about 3 minutes). Stir in cheeses and cook, stirring, until cheeses are melted. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
For White Sauce: In a nonstick saucepan, melt butter and margarine over low heat. Using a whisker, stir in all-purpose flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk and seasoning. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring until mixture comes to boil. Remove sauce from the heat and allow to cool.