Poached Tilapia with Tomato and Beans
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Poaches tilapia with tomato and beans.Easy and delicious Mediterranean recipe.Just 15 minutes and fish is ready!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups (375g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 g) frozen fava beans,thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- kalamata olives,pitted and sliced
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 4 fillets tilapia,skinned and boned
Season fish fillets with salt,black pepper,cumin.coriander,lemon juice and zest. Refrigerate for,at least,one hour.
In a large nonstick skillet,preheat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and onion. Cook,stirring,until softened.
Stir in diced tomato and fava beans. Cook,stirring, over medium-low heat. Add water,salt,black pepper,sliced olives and fresh thyme. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low;add seasoned fish fillets. Cover skillet and cook for about 10 minutes,turning fish once.
Serve poached tilapia with tomato and beans over cooked rice.