Pressure Cooker Pork Ragout with Root Vegetables
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2-3 pounds (960 g-1.44 kg) boneless pork shoulder,trimmed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion,peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) hard apple cider
- 1 cup (250 ml) dark beer
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1 sweet potato,peeled and chunked
- 4 parsnips,peeled and chunked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season cubed pork with salt and black pepper.
In pressure cooker,heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in a batches,brown seasoned meat in a single layer on all sides. Using slotted spoon,transfer browned pork to a plate.
Add onion and cook,stirring,until soft,for about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic,then sprinkle with flour. Cook,stirring,for 1 minute.
Return browned meat to pressure cooker. Stir in cider,beer,Dijon mustard,herb blend and vegetables. Mix well and bring to a boil.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 25 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker and skim any fat from the top of sauce. Serve immediately.