Pressure Cooker Risotto with Italian Sausage and Kale
- Servings : 2-3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
4people rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz (240 g) hot Italian sausage,casing removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 g) uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 2 ¼ cups (560 ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup 980 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook ,stirring and breaking into bite-size pieces with a wooden spoon until browned and no longer pink.
Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from pressure cooker. Add unsalted butter. When butter has melted,add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until softened. Stir in fresh kale leaves,salt and red pepper flakes. Add Arborio rice,stirring to coat. Pour in dry white wine,scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of pot. Stir in chicken broth.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce to low. Set a timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open the lid. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Season with salt if needed.
Serve in warm shallow bowls.