Pressure Cooker Short Ribs with Salsa Verde2022-07-10
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6.5 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Pressure cooker short ribs with salsa verde. Wine-braised beef short ribs cooked in a pressure cooker and served with homemade salsa verde. You may like to use Homemade Salsa Verde
5 Best Short Ribs Recipes
The best pressure cooker ribs recipe is a dish that is perfect for any occasion. The best part about cooking ribs in a pressure cooker is that they come out tender and juicy. The following are some of the best short rib recipes you can try out.
1) Ribs Recipe with Brown Sugar, Honey, and Soy Sauce
5) Ribs Recipe with Tomato Juice
What are the benefits of pressure cooking?
Pressure cooking is a form of cooking that uses steam pressure to cook food quickly. It can be used for various types of food, including tough cuts of meat and vegetables.
-Cooking time is shortened by 2-6 times
-Less energy is required to cook the food
-Preserves the flavor and nutrients in the food
Pressure Cooker Short Ribs with Salsa Verde
You may like as well Instant Pot Braised Green Beans
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into rings
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chunked
- 2 ribs celery,chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) beef broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- For Salsa Verde:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 oil-packed anchovy fillet
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary,marjoram or oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Season beef ribs all over with salt and black pepper. Dredge in flour.
Heat the olive in a pressure cooker turned to the sauté mode. Working in batches, brown ribs in a single layer on all sides. Remove browned ribs from the pressure cooker and transfer them to a plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook over medium-high heat, occasionally stirring until lightly browned (3-5 minutes). Stir in tomato paste and cook for a further 1 minute. Pour in beef broth and dry red wine, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
Return browned beef short ribs to the pot, pressing down on the meat. Add thyme and bay leaf.
Close the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set a timer to cook for 35 minutes.
For Salsa Verde: In a food processor, combine garlic, anchovy, and salt. Process until coarsely chopped. Add parsley, mint, basil, marjoram, and capers. Process until finely chopped. With the machine running, pour in olive oil, then add lemon juice and black pepper to taste. Adjust salt as needed. Transfer salsa verde to a bowl.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully open the pressure cooker. Discard bay leaf.
Transfer cooked short ribs to a warm shallow dish using a slotted spoon. Spoon cooking liquid over. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of salsa verde over each short rib. Serve cooked vegetables as a side dish.