Pressure Cooker Spiced Beer-Braised Pork Loin Recipe
- Yield : 6 serving plates
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Calories from fat36
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 poiunds (1.44 kg) boneless pork loin
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions,thawed
- 2 medium apples,peeled,cored and chopped
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) Pilsner beer
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a pressure cooker,melt unsalted butter over medium heat. Add pork loin and brown on all sides,turning occasionally,for about 8 minutes. Transfer browned meat to a large plate and keep warm.
Add thawed onions and apples. Cook,stirring,until onion softens (for about 4 minutes). Pour in beer,then stir in brown sugar,spices and seasoning. Stir,scraping any browned bits off the bottom of pressure cooker. Nestle reserved pork loin into the sauce.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high. Then cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 30 minutes.
Open cooker,using a Quick Release method. Using a tongs,transfer cooked pork to a cutting board.
Bring beer sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil,stirring often,for 10 minutes or until thickened.
Slice pork loin. Pour sauce over and serve immediately.