Pressure Cooker Tomato Puttaneska Sauce
- Yield: 3 ½ cups
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets,chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 35 oz (1L) can whole plum tomatoes in jice,crushed and undrained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 g) pitted oil-dured black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers,rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup (60 g) fresh parsley,minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat olive in pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until it begins to caramelize,for about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low to avoid burning.
Add garlic,anchovies and red pepper flakes. Cook,stirring,to melt the anchovies.
Stir in remaining ingredients,except parsley. Bring mixture to a boil. Season with black pepper.
Close and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce burner heat to low and set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat and set aside. Stir in minced parsley. Season with black pepper if necessary.