Salsa Chicken Burritos
- Yield : 4 serving plates
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Salsa chicken burritos. Famous Mexican creamy burritos cooked in a microwave.
- 2 cups (500 g) shredded cooked chicken
- 14 oz (420 g) can black beans,drained
- 2 cups (500 g) plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup (250 g) salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and fresh;y ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 g) cooked brown rice
- chopped fresh lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups (370 g) shredded cheese (Parmesan)
- 4 flour tortillas
In a large saucepan, combine yogurt, salsa, cumin, garlic, and seasoning. Stir until well combined and cook over medium-high heat.
Stir in shredded chicken, drained black beans and 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
Heat tortillas in a microwave. Divide chicken mixture among warm tortillas. Top with cooked brown rice, chopped fresh lettuce and sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Roll up burritos and serve.