Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Shrimp Creole.Shrimp with vegetables cooked in skillet. tasty Creole recipe.
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 12 scallions,finely chopped
- 4 shallots,finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 chiles,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 3 large ripe tomatoes,peeled,seeded and diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dark rum
- 1 cup (250 ml) fish stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 18 jumbo shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice,plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Preheat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, scallions ,shallots ,garlic, chiles, ginger, curry powder and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Cook,stirring,until browned(about 4-5 minutes).
Stir in diced tomatoes,1/2 cup of parsley,cilantro,thyme and bay leaf. Increase heat to high and cook,stirring,for 1 minute. Stir in dark rum and bring to a boil.
Add fish stock and tomato paste,then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened and well-flavored(about 10 minutes). Remove bay leaf.
In a shallow glass dish,combine shrimp,2 tablespoons of lime juice,1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss well,cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Stir marinated shrimp into the tomato mixture. Gently simmer over low heat,turning occasionally,until the shrimp are opaque(about 3-5 minutes).
Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon garlic. Add seasoning and lime juice,to taste. Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley. Serve shrimp Creole immediately.