- Yield: 4 serving plates
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Shrimp Creole. Shrimp with vegetables cooked in skillet. Tasty Creole recipe.
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 12 scallions,finely chopped
- 4 shallots,finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic,peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 chiles,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 3 large ripe tomatoes,peeled,seeded and diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dark rum
- 1 cup (250 ml) fish stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 18 jumbo shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice,plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Preheat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, scallions, shallots, garlic, chiles, ginger, curry powder and 1 teaspoon of garlic. Cook, stirring, until browned (about 4-5 minutes).
Stir in diced tomatoes,1/2 cup of parsley, cilantro, thyme, and bay leaf. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in dark rum and bring to a boil.
Add fish stock and tomato paste, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened and well-flavored(about 10 minutes). Remove bay leaf.
In a shallow glass dish, combine shrimp,2 tablespoons of lime juice,1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Stir marinated shrimp into the tomato mixture. Gently simmer over low heat, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque(about 3-5 minutes).
Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon garlic. Add seasoning and lime juice, to taste. Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley. Serve shrimp Creole immediately.