Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
- Yield : 6-8
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) flank beef steak
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,chopped
- 1 red bell pepper,chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Serving:corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado,peeled,pitted and sliced
- your favorite salsa
In a small mixing bowl,combine chili powder,ground cumin,onion powder,garlic powder,cayenne pepper,salt and black pepper. Mix well.
Rub well flank steak with all-spice mixture. Place rubbed beef steak at the bottom of slow cooker. Place chopped onion,bell peppers and jalapeno pepper over meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.
Remove cooked meat from slow cooker. Shred,using a fork.
To serve,heat your corn tortillas in a nonstick skillet on the stove. Spoon some shredded beef on a tortilla. Top with salsa, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.