Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.3 g
Trans Fat5.7 g
Unsaturated Fat2.1 g
Slow cooker beef carnitas tacos. Delicious beef carnitas tacos made with a slow cooker. A perfect taco recipe for a busy weeknight dinner.
What are some reasons to use a slow cooker?
Slow cookers are a great way to save time in the kitchen. They are easy to use and can help you prepare delicious meals without any effort.
Some of the reasons why people should use a slow cooker are:
– It is easier to prepare large amounts of food for dinner parties, potlucks, or family gatherings.
– Slow cookers take up less space than other types of cooking appliances.
– Slow cookers are economical because they require less energy and produce less heat than other types of cooking appliances.
– Slow cookers make it easy to get dinner on the table quickly in an effortless way.
What are the different ways that you can prepare carnitas?
Carnitas is a type of Mexican-style shredded meat that is traditionally cooked in lard but can also be made with butter. It can be served as a taco filling, or it can also be used as a filling for tamales or enchiladas.
Carnitas are traditionally made by cooking the meat in lard, but they can also be made with butter. It is best served as a taco filling and it can also be used as a filling for tamales or enchiladas.
The preparation process for carnitas varies depending on what type of carnitas you want to make:
– Carnitas tacos: the pork shoulder is first braised in water and then shredded before being cooked in the slow cooker;
– Carnitas tamales are traditionally made with pork shoulder that is braised in a spicy tomato sauce, but other cuts of pork can also be used. They are often wrapped in corn husks and steamed until they are tender. Some traditional garnishes include crushed pineapple, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos.
–Carnitas Enchiladas – Pulled pork enchiladas are an elegant, yet easy and budget-friendly dish. They are a perfect option for a weeknight dinner, or a party because they can be made ahead of time and reheated at the last minute. They are also deliciously served cold with salsa and sour cream.
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
- 2 pounds (960 g) flank beef steak
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Serving: corn tortillas
- sliced radish
- your favorite salsa
- lime, sliced
In a small mixing bowl, combine chili powder, ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
Rub well flank steak with all-spice mixture. Place rubbed beef steak at the bottom of a slow cooker. Place chopped onion and jalapeño pepper over meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.
Remove cooked meat from the slow cooker. Shred, using a fork.
To serve, heat your corn tortillas in a nonstick skillet on the stove. Spoon some shredded beef on a tortilla. Top with salsa, sliced radish, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.