Slow Cooker Cochinita Pibil Tacos Recipe
- Yield: 8 servings
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 9:00 h
- Ready In: 9:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat12.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat3.2 g
Slow cooker cochinita pibil tacos recipe. Learn hot cook delicious Mexican cochinita pibil in a slow cooker. I used homemade Achiote (Annatto) Pate to make this recipe. I highly recommend to use banana leaves as wraps.
Slow Cooker Cochinita Pibil Tacos
- orange juice off 1 orange
- orange rind of 1 orange, cut into strips
- 2 jalaepno chilies, seeded
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and setms removed
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5-6 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
- 3 banana leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup ( 80 ml) achiote patse
In a blender, combine all ingredients, except pork. Blend until smooth.
Using a sharp knife, make 20-30 deep holes around the entire surface of pork shoulder. Rub the anchiote mixture all over the outside of pork, then pour remaining marinade over the meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Line 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker with banana leaves. Top with marinated pork shoulder. Wrap the flaps over the meat.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 8-9 hours or until pork are tender.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Remove cooked pork from the crock pot and transfer to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat. Add enough cooking liquid to keep most. Serve hot.