Slow Cooker Carnitas with Apple Salsa
- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10:00 h
- Ready In : 10:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker carnitas with apple salsa. Very delicious and easy recipe.Thank you to Denis for the nice picture.
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork shoulder
- 2 cups (500 ml) apple cider
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 g) brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For Apple Salsa:2 large Grammy Smith apples,peeled,cored and cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper,deseeded
- 2 cups (50 g) cubed cucumbers
- 1/4 cup (60 g) pomegranate aryls
- 2 tablespoons torn cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons red onion,diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- tortillas,to serve
Place pork shoulder in slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl,combine apple cider,vinegar,brown sugar,cinnamon,bay leaf and salt. Stir well and pour mixture over the pork. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Remove cooked pork shoulder from slow cooker. Place in a bowl and,using a two forks,shred the meat. Toss shredded pork with 1/4 cup cooking liquid from slow cooker. Serve together with apple salsa on the bed of fresh tortillas.
For apple salsa: In a mixing bowl,combine all salsa ingredients. Toss well.