Slow Cooker Carnitas with Apple Salsa
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10:00 h
- Ready In: 10:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Slow cooker carnitas with apple salsa. Very delicious and easy Mexican recipe. Adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-cider-carnitas-with-fresh-apple-salsa/ You may also like The best Crock Pot baked Ziti
Slow Cooker Carnitas with Apple salsa
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork shoulder
- 2 cups (500 ml) apple cider
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 g) brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For Apple Salsa: 2 large Grammy Smith apples,peeled,cored and cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded
- 2 cups (50 g) cubed cucumbers
- 1/4 cup (60 g) pomegranate aryls
- 2 tablespoons torn cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- tortillas, to serve
Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl, combine apple cider, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, bay leaf, and salt. Stir well and pour mixture over the pork. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Remove cooked pork shoulder from slow cooker. Place in a bowl and, using a two forks, shred the meat. Toss shredded pork with 1/4 cup cooking liquid from slow cooker. Serve together with apple salsa on the bed of fresh tortillas.
For apple salsa: In a mixing bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Toss well.