Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Chowder
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 6 large Idaho potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 4 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole milk,divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded,reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped green onions for garnish
In a slow cooker,combine chicken broth,potatoes,onions,celery,garlic and rosemary. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Add 1 cup whole milk during last 30 minutes. Stir in combined remaining whole milk and cornstarch,nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce.stirring 2-3 minutes. Add Swiss cheese and stir well until cheese melted.
Season with salt and black pepper. Remove cooked cheesy potato chowder from slow cooker. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve immediately.