Slow Cooker Chicken and Lime Soup2014-05-23
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 2 quarts (2 L) chicken broth
- 1½ pounds(720 g) boneless,skinless chicken breast,cut into cubes
- 2 large,ripe tomatoes,peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 cup(250 ml) whole kernel oil
- 1 cup(250 g) diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup(125 g) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 4 corn tortillas(6-inches(15 cm),cut into 10 wedges
- lime slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup(60 g) chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup(60 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
In 6-quatrt(6L) slow cooker,combine chicken broth,cubed chicken and vegetables.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Stir in cilantro and lime during last 30 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Spray tortillas with cooking spray. Toss well. Cook in lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp(about 5 minutes).
Add cooked tortilla wedges to soup bowls. Ladle slow cooker chicken and lime soup over.
Top with lime slices and serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe