Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 oz (240 g) small okra,halved
- 3 cups cooked rice,warm
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except okra,rice and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Add okra during last 30 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Serve chicken gumbo over cooked rice.