Slow Cooker Chicken Mole2016-04-02
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Slow cooker chicken mole.Chicken breasts with delicious homemade mole sauce cooked in slow cooker.This yummy mole sauce is made with canned chili beans.
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- fresh cilantro,chopped
- mole sauce (recipe follows)
- Mole Sauce:15 oz (450 ml) can beans in hot chili sauce,undrained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 oz (15 g) unsweetened chocolate,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
Spoon 1 cup (250 ml) mole sauce into slow cooker. Top with chicken breast halves. Pour remaining sauce over.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter. Pour sauce over. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
For Mole Sauce:In a food processor,combine all sauce ingredients. Process until smooth. Makes 2 ½ cups.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe