Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs Recipe2022-07-19
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6:00 h
- Ready In: 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat17 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat26 g
Slow cooker Chinese spare ribs recipe. Pork spare ribs with honey, soy sauce, and spices cooked in a slow cooker. Yummy. You may also like Slow Cooker Beer-Braised beef Short Ribs
Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs Recipe
Are you craving some delicious and tender Chinese spare ribs? Look no further than this slow cooker recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. With the perfect combination of honey, soy sauce, and spices, these ribs are sure to be fall-off-the-bone goodness.
The best part? You can set it and forget it in your slow cooker, allowing you to go about your day while the flavors meld together perfectly. So, let’s get started on making this mouth-watering dish.
Ingredients and Preparation: Pork Spare Ribs with Honey, Soy Sauce, and Spices
To make this delicious slow cooker Chinese spare ribs recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 3 pounds of pork spare ribs
– 1/2 cup of honey
– 1/4 cup of soy sauce
– 5 garlic cloves
– 1/3 cup of hoisin sauce
– 1½ teaspoons of Chinese five-spice powder
-3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– sesame seeds
– 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/4 cup of water
To prepare the ribs, start by removing any excess fat and silver skin from the meat. Then, cut the ribs into individual pieces and place them in the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger, Chinese five-spice powder, and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the ribs, making sure to coat each piece evenly.
Add the water to the slow cooker, cover it with the lid, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The longer you cook the ribs, the more tender they will become.
Once the ribs are cooked, remove them from the slow cooker and transfer them to a serving dish. You can garnish them with chopped green onions or sesame seeds for extra flavor.
Now that your delicious Chinese spare ribs are ready, it’s time to enjoy them! In the next section, we’ll discuss some serving suggestions and tips to help you get the most out of this recipe.
Slow Cooking Process: How to Cook the Ribs in a Slow Cooker
The slow cooking process is the key to achieving fall-off-the-bone goodness in this Chinese spare ribs recipe. To begin, place the pork spare ribs in the slow cooker and add the honey, soy sauce, spices, and any other desired seasonings. Make sure the ribs are coated evenly with the mixture.
Next, set the slow cooker to low heat and let the ribs cook for 6-8 hours. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the meat to become tender and juicy. It’s important not to open the lid of the slow cooker too often during the cooking process, as this can release heat and prolong the cooking time.
After the cooking time is up, carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker and place them on a serving platter. The meat should be so tender that it falls off the bone easily. You can also use a basting brush to coat the ribs with any remaining sauce from the slow cooker.
Overall, the slow cooking process is simple and requires minimal effort, but the end result is a delicious and flavorful dish that will impress your family and friends.
Serving Suggestions and Tips: Enjoying Your Delicious Chinese Spare Ribs
Now that your slow cooker Chinese spare ribs are ready, it’s time to enjoy them! Here are some serving suggestions and tips to make the most of your fall-off-the-bone goodness:
1. Serve with steamed rice: The sweet and savory sauce from the ribs pairs perfectly with fluffy white rice. You can also add some veggies on the side for a complete meal.
2. Garnish with green onions: Thinly sliced green onions add a pop of color and freshness to the dish. Sprinkle them on top of the ribs before serving.
3. Make it spicy: If you like some heat, add some red pepper flakes or Sriracha sauce to the sauce mixture before cooking. This will give your ribs a nice kick.
4. Use leftovers in other dishes: If you have any leftover ribs, shred the meat and use it in fried rice, stir-fry, or even tacos. The possibilities are endless!
5. Enjoy with friends and family: These ribs are perfect for sharing. Invite some friends over and enjoy a delicious Chinese-inspired feast together.
Remember, the longer you let the ribs cook in the slow cooker, the more tender they will be. So, take your time and savor every bite of this mouth-
Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs Recipe
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) pork spare ribs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) hoisin sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds
In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, five spice, sweet chili sauce, garlic, and grated ginger. Stir well and set aside.
Cut spare ribs between bones, then place them in a large bowl. Pour spicy marinade over and marinate for at least 12 hours.
Place ribs and marinade in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 6 hours.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Remove cooked ribs from the slow cooker, reserving the cooking liquid, and transfer them to the lined sheet.
Remove the top layer of fat from the liquid in the slow cooker. Transfer the liquid to a small saucepan. Stir in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Bring to a low boil.
Remove thickened sauce from the boil and brush ribs. broil for 5-6 minutes to caramelize on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.