Slow Cooker Classic French Dip Sandwich
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker classic French dip sandwich.This delicious slow cooker recipe found here.Tender beef cooked in slow cooker and served in a bun.Yummy!
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds (1,5 kg))
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry red wine
- 1 package (1 oz (30 g)) onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 French buns,halved
- 6 oz (180 g) provolone cheese,sliced
- freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Sprinkle beef with black pepper and arrange in 4 quart (4L) slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients,except buns and provolone cheese, Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Remove cooked beef from slow cooker and shred,using a fork. Return to slow cooker and turn heat to warm.
Sandwich shredded beef between buns (buttered and toasted if preferred) and top warm beef with sliced provolone cheese. Serve beef broth for dipping.