Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken2021-06-13
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat19.8 g
Trans Fat1.8 g
Unsaturated Fat1.0 g
Slow cooker coconut curry chicken. Chicken breasts with delicious homemade coconut-curry sauce cooked in a slow cooker.
6 Reasons Why I Love My Crock Pot and How to Prepare Your Slow Cooker for Successful Cooking
I love my crock pot because it makes cooking easy and convenient. It’s a time saver that can help you cook healthy, delicious meals with minimal effort. I’ve compiled a list of six reasons why I love my crock pot, as well as how to prepare your slow cooker for successful cooking.
1) Crock pots are versatile: You can use the same crock pot for cooking everything from soups to stews and roasts
2) Crock pots are affordable: They’re not expensive to buy, and they’re easy to clean up after dishes are done cooking.
3) Crock pots save time: You can make dinner in under an hour with your crock pot!
4) Crock pots make meal prep easier: You can have dinner ready when you get home from work.
5) Crock pots are easier to use than other cooking methods like frying and baking: All you have to do is dump all your ingredients in the pot, and plug it in!
6) The crock pot is a great way to cook food without the use of heat. Because it uses low temperatures, it’s easier and more effective than cooking using high temperatures like frying and baking. Crock pots can be used for soups, stews, and roasts.
What are some of the best curry recipes using coconut milk?
Coconut milk is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many recipes. It can be used in curries and other Indian dishes.
Curry recipes using coconut milk are not limited to just Indian cuisine. You can find curry recipes using coconut milk in different cuisines such as Thai, Japanese, and even Italian.
This is because the flavor of coconut milk is more suited to these types of dishes than cow’s milk or any other dairy product.
What are some possible side dishes for chicken coconut curry?
Chicken Coconut Curry is a popular Indian dish that can be served with some side dishes. Some possible side dishes for this dish are:
–Cucumber Raita: This is a yogurt-based dish that is often eaten with Indian curries. It is made by blending cucumbers, yogurt, cilantro, and salt together in a blender or food processor.
–Mint Chutney: This chutney can be made by blending mint leaves, sugar, and water in a blender or food processor. It can also be made by cooking the mint leaves in oil until they become dark green and then adding sugar to the oil until it melts.
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
You may like as well:
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and sliced
- half of yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- For Coconut-Curry Sauce: 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- cashews for serving
- fresh cilantro, chopped for serving
In a slow cooker, combine chicken pieces and onions.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, curry powder, ground cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir well and pour the mixture into slow cooker. Stir well again to coat chicken and onion.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2-3 hours, or until chicken pieces are tender. 15 minutes before serving, stir in coconut milk. Stir well just before serving, and top with cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve over the cooked rice, if desired.