Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3people rated this recipe
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper,seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow potatoes,peeled and chopped
- half of yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- For Coconut-Curry Sauce:2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- cashews for serving
- fresh cilantro,chopped for serving
In a slow cooker,combine chicken pieces,potatoes,red bell pepper,and onions.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine chicken broth,curry powder,ground cumin,salt and cayenne pepper. Stir well and pour mixture into slow cooker. Stir well again to coat chicken and vegetables.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2-3 hours or until chicken pieces are tender. 15 minutes before serving,stir in coconut milk. Stir well just before serving and top with cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.
Serve over cooked rice.